Breakfast Quest is a board game for 2-4 players, with active elements which can be easily adapted to suit the space and enthusiasm of the players! Get round the board as fast as possible, gathering the ingredients for your breakfast and facing nasty enemies!
You will need:
- A copy of the board- the versions available below are optimised for printing at A3 size, which fits four players around it nicely.
- A counter for each player. Make your own or borrow from another board game.
- One normal six-sided die.
- Some counters to keep track of each player’s progress, or a pen and paper to note it down [optional].
- Coloured pens/pencils [optional]: customise your board by printing the black and white version and add your own touches to it. We’d love to see what you come up with!
How it works:
The object of the game is to collect all of the ingredients for your breakfast (oats, wheat, water, milk and apples) and be the first one back to their house. To collect the items and pass hazards on the board players must act out actions which relate to that challenge; e.g. to get the apples, the player has to mime picking apples from the tree. All the rules are listed on the game board, along with the suggested actions.
The actions we’ve suggested on the board are just that- suggestions. The school we developed the game with had very limited space and staff so lots of running about wouldn’t have worked for them. If you have more space feel free to think of your own actions and encourage more activity.
Get the boards:
Click the images to get the full size versions. They are high resolution JPEGs, and should be the right format for printing to A3 and A4. The colour board is 3.4mb and the black and white one 2mb.
Any and all feedback is welcome- just leave it in the comments below. We’re especially keen to see what kind of cool designs you can make from our board. Have fun!